Events, Teaching, & Speaking
- July 27, 2022, 6;30 pm, Parnassus Books, Nashville, TN. Helene Dunbar, YA author of The Promise of Lost Things, in conversation with Nancy Werlin. In-person event; registration required. Register here. Info about Helene Dunbar’s new book here. Copies of Nancy’s newest book Healer & Witch will also be available for signing.
Past Events: Recordings
In honor of the release of Healer & Witch
- Author’s Note Bookstore. In conversation: Nancy and Leah Cypess, author of Glass Slippers, moderated by Julie Berry. Virtual event on April 7, 2022. Watch the video here.
- Candlewick Press virtual tea in honor of the spring 2022 middle-grade and young-adult book list, with Nancy reading from Healer & Witch. Watch the video here.
In honor of the release of Zoe Rosenthal Is Not Lawful Good
- Porter Square Books, Cambridge MA. In conversation: Nancy and Leah Cypess, author of Thornwood. Virtual event. Watch the video here.
- Mysterious Galaxy, San Diego CA. In conversation: Nancy and Ellen Booraem, author of River Magic. Virtual event. Watch the video here.
Teaching at Highlights Foundation Workshops – August 12-16, 2022
Nancy will be mentoring four writers of young adult and/or middle-grade fiction (and be available to the other attendees) at the Highlights Whole Novel Workshop, Summer Session 1, in beautiful Boyds Mills, PA, August 12-16, 2022. Other fantastic faculty will be on hand, too; the link above describes the whole program.
The Whole Novel Workshop offers writers the rare opportunity to have the entire draft of a novel read and critiqued prior to the workshop, followed by the workshop itself, which features intense, one-on-one mentoring and soul-filling communion with fellow writers. Superb food and your own little cabin round out the session.
Here’s a video of Nancy describing her teaching.
Limited to 20 participants in each workshop (4 mentees assigned to each mentor), the Workshop fills up fast. For your best chance, apply as soon as you know you want to come. You’ll submit 10 pages of your work in advance when you apply for admission.
(Note: if you can’t make that first session, there’s a second Whole Novel session from August 19-23, with a wonderful faculty . . . although, sadly, not Nancy.)
Speaking – On hiatus until after Covid
Nancy is available on a limited basis to speak to both teens and adults about the creative process and about writing fiction.
Nancy’s school and library visit program is suitable for middle-school and/or high-school students. This includes three sessions per day, with groups of any size. The cost is $1800 per day plus all travel expenses such as airfare and hotel if needed. No travel expenses are charged within a reasonable driving distance of Boston, Massachusetts. A 50-minute Skype session with Nancy is $400.
Nancy is also an engaging, honest, and dynamic keynote speaker for conferences. Her honorarium for a keynote is $2500, plus travel expenses. Nancy always tailors her talks to meet the interests of her audience.
To request Nancy for your meeting or event, please fill out this form.